1 Corinthians 13

Literary Tattoos: 1 Corinthians 13

“If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

“Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”

- 1 Corinthians 13

(source)

Comments

1. anon says

Besides the questionable placement of it, what I'd like to know is if it reminds the bearer of the meaning of these verses….

2. Dude says

I couldn't keep it up trying to do her from behind and reading a Bible verse the whole time.

Love wouldn't be so patient right about then.

3. Kim says

Still trite, regardless. If I have to hear this at another wedding/anniversary, I will shoot myself. Seems like it had the opposite effect on her.

4. tanyasofia says

I actually think its beautifull , people obvs dont know anything about the bible its a beatiful tattoo and the phrase is a beatufiful verse from the bible !

5. jeejee says

I cannot express just how awful the positioning of this tattoo is… Be it anywhere else on her body it may have been beautiful and a little more meaningful.. but my goodness right before her ass crack.. dear.. tacky..

6. Read the bible says

(Leviticus 19:28) “‘And YOU must not make cuts in YOUR flesh for a deceased soul, and YOU must not put tattoo marking upon yourselves. I am the Lord.

7. nicky wright says

Who actually did this tatt? Because someone is biting your work on Facebook and facading as though they did it and I know I saw this pic a couple of years ago on the internet.

8. Lindsey Casey says

I love your tat it is sooooo beatiful…whoever did it did a wonderful job on it!!! What a wonderful thing to get put on you!!!

9. Rich says

SD you are an idiot. This is a great verse, she just has terrible placement selection. The person quoting Leviticus is a bit outdated on their scriptures.

10. Joe says

Oh no, somebody got something religious placed about their ass crack. Cry about it. Why the hell do any of you care? If the body is the vessel of the soul, then the ass crack vessels the soul too. Three cheers to Christians sticking their noses where they don’t belong (ass crack), as has been common practice for most of them for CENTURIES. Internet <3

11. Bia says

What an original scene…All the bitches are posting catty comments and all the douchbags are instantly referencing doing her from the back. For a group of people who are browsing literary tattoos, you sure are a bunch of tragically common, disrespectful bullies. You represent the exact opposite of what most of these writers and poets stood for. Seriously, MTV is the other way.