Dream in Tengwar

Literary Tattoos: J. R. R. Tolkien Elvish

This is Courtney‘s tattoo, which reads “Dream” in J. R. R. Tolkien’s Tengwar script.

I was raised on all of his books and they were the ones that first taught me out to dream big and dream wildly, but also to never stop dreaming those things. I think that a small part of me was always able to retain some of my childhood because of his writing. It seemed only fitting to write it on me somewhere.

Comments

1. Amy says

I'm reading LOTR right now and just can't get into it, but I think your tattoo is beautiful and I love the meaning behind it. Keep dreaming :D

2. cait says

i love this! so delicate. love the placement and the meaning. my husband saw this and now thinks i should get a tattoo there!

3. Hannah says

i think this is a beautiful tattoo the picture itself is beautiful and the meaning behind it makes it more special! props!

4. Brandy says

I really don't enjoy tattoo's on the back of the neck….but this is excellent.

I love the delicateness and the fact that it actually has so much meaning to you.

Excellent choice~

5. nate says

"I think that a small part of me was always able to retain some of my childhood because of his writing. It seemed only fitting to write it on me somewhere."

perfectly put. one of the biggest reasons why im getting a tolkien tattoo

6. maddie says

i love all of these tattoos. but im having a problem with translating and doing everything right, im just curious if you could help or know of any place i could translate an english quote into elvish and then into tengwar script? please i need help if you can!! [email protected] if you can help!! thank you!!